Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) develops the research priorities for the Strategic Research Agenda, scopes FACCE-JPI actions through input to working groups developing joint actions, is involved in the evaluation of the JPI actions, and advises the Governing Board.
The members are experts in a diversity of disciplines and are selected for their outstanding academic record and international visibility and reputation.
They are active at international level (e.g. IPCC, ICSU panel etc.) and have a broad vision of the challenges facing agriculture, food and climate change. The SAB comprising of 14 members and 1 associate member representative is elected by the Governing Board.
The SAB is chaired by Professor Gianluca Brunori, Professor of Food Policy at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment at the University of Pisa.
The Vice Chairs are Professor Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Professor in climate change and agriculture at Aarhus University and adjunct professor at University of Copenhagen and Dr. Anne Mottet; Livestock Development Officer with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board -Terms of Reference - update March 2021
Gianluca Brunori-SAB Chair, University of Pisa
Jørgen Eivind Olesen - SAB Vice Chair (Aarhus University)
Anne Mottet - SAB Vice Chair (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)
Frank Dentener (European Commission Joint Research Center)
Marta Guadalupe Rivera-Ferre (INGENIO, CSIC-UPV)
Marina Heinonen (University of Helsinki)
Paloma Melgarejo (Spanish National Institute for Agricultural and Food Research and Technology; Initiative 4p1000)
Alexander Nikolov Hristov (Pennsylvania State University)
Steven Van Passel (University of Antwerp
Laura Pereira (Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University)
Luisa M. Trindade (Wageningen University & Research)
Owen Fenton (Teagasc)
Liesje Mommer (Wageningen University and Research)
Tommy Dalgaard (Aarhus University)
SAB Member Selection
The members of the SAB are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Outstanding academic record and international visibility and reputation
- Recent and active participation at international level e.g. IPCC, ICSU panel etc
- Broad vision of the challenges facing agriculture, food security and climate change
The role of SAB Members
The members of the SAB cover a diversity of disciplines within the scope of FACCE-JPI. The roles of the SAB are to:
- Provide advice to the Governing Board on the alignment of JPI activities to the JPI Strategic Research Agenda and its subsequent updates
- Provide scientific advice on identification, evaluation and impact of the FACCE-JPI activities
- Review of the scientific outputs of FACCE-JPI
- Individually act as ambassadors for FACCE-JPI, representing the JPI at external events of strategic interest upon request of the Governing Board