European and international cooperation
FACCE-JPI works with a number of European initiatives and projects (public to public, public-private partnerships), including ERA-NETs and other JPIs.
The aim with these collaborations is not only to take forward the research and alignment goals of FACCE-JPI, but also to support the European Research Area, increase the impact of FACCE-JPI on European policy-making and innovation, and facilitate exchange of information and mutual learning with other initiatives.
At the international level, FACCE-JPI recognises the necessity to work with selected global partners in order to help better structure research at the global level, raise FACCE-JPI's visibility and impact worldwide, and promote information-sharing with similar programmes undertaken in other regions (e.g. Africa, Mediterrenean area).
FACCE-JPI adopted a new European and International Strategy to address the global challenges of sustainable agriculture and food security in the face of climate change in a more effective way.
Members of the Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) adopted a new European/International Strategy (2016-2020) in December 2015. The European and International Strategy aims to:
Promote greater complementarity and structuring of research at European and international levels to address global challenges in a more effective way
Improve the international visibility FACCE-JPI and enhance the impact of aligned European research on European policy making and innovation
Facilitate the exchange of information and mutual learning with similar research initiatives in other regions of the world
More specific annual Action Plans will be developed by the FACCE-JPI Secretariat to facilitate and prioritise the roll-out of this Strategy in the context of the FACCE-JPI Implementation Plans.
FACCE-JPI is a Partner of the Global Research Alliance (GRA) on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases since January 2017.
Key European Partners
Key International Partners
Cooperation with non-EU countries
To find more details about the cooperation of FACCE-JPI with non-EU countries click on their flags or on their pins on the global map.
- The FACCE-JPI Secretariat , Belmont Forum Secretariat and the Sao Paulo Research Foundation co-organise the End-Term Meeting of the Food Security and Land Use Change Collaborative Research Action (CRA) on 8-10 December 2018, in Washington D.C.
- The FACCE-JPI ERA-GAS ERA-NET launches a Joint Call on “Novel technologies, solutions and systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in animal production systems” together with the SusAN and ICT Agri ERA-NETs, in which Canada, Chile, New Zealand and Uruguay, also participate (November 2018)
- FACCE-JPI co-organises the International Conference on Agricultural GHG Emissions and Food Security on 10-13 September 2018 in Berlin, Germany
- Members of FACCE-JPI and the BiodivERsA ERA-NET agree to engage in long-term, strategic collaboration (May 2018, see here)
- FACCE-JPI and JPI Climate discuss new opportunities for collaboration (26-27 March 2018)
- The European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) joins the FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board as an Associate Member (March 2018)
- Climate KIC joined the FACCE-JPI Stakeholder Advisory Board in January 2018.
- FACCE-JPI discusses cooperation with the US Dept. of Agriculture’s National Institute for Food and Agriculture and the National Science Foundation (January 2018).
- FACCE-JPI discusses possible new programmatic collaboration with the Belmont Forum during the Belmont Forum/ ANR Food Security and Safety Collaborative Research Action Scoping Workshop (10 November 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the PRIMA Networking Event to discuss possible synergies between the two initiatives (8 November 2017)
- FACCE-JPI explores possible themes and modalities for cooperation with the EC’s Joint Research Centre (10 October 2017)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada joins the FACCE-JPI SusCrop ERA-NET as an Associate Party (October 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates as a Partner in the annual GRA Council Meeting (29-30 August 2017)
- The FACCE-JPI Governing Board holds a special session on EU and International Cooperation with representatives from the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural GHG (GRA), the Network for Research Collaboration on Sustainable Temperate Agriculture (TempAg), the Belmont Forum, the PRIMA Initiative and JPI Climate to discuss avenues for cooperation in the context of the forthcoming FACCE-JPI Implementation Plan 2018-2020 (2 June 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the GRA Livestock Research Group meeting in Washington D.C. (10-12 April 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the TempAg Network Governing Board meeting (1 Feb. 2017) to discuss potential cooperation with its members
- FACCE-JPI participated in the Workshop “JPIs on the Global Stage: Opportunities for International Cooperation” organised by the BILAT USA and INCOBRA EU-funded projects. 21 November 2016,
- FACCE-JPI joins the International Bioeconomy Forum (October 2016)
- FACCE-JPI joins the External Advisory Board of the 4PRIMA Coordination and Support Action (May 2016)
- FACCE-JPI, JPI HDHL and JPI Oceans discuss possible new joint research activities on Food and Nutrition Security (11 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the Stakeholder Forum regarding the Implementation of the EU‐Africa Research and Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (5-6 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI discusses international soil research with key European and international partners (13 January 2016)
- FACCE-JPI and Water JPI launch a joint call for collaborative transnational research proposals on sustainable water management in agriculture (“WaterWorks 2015”) in cooperation with 10 (non-EU) third countries (2 February 2016)
- FACCE-JPI organizes a Workshop with International Partners (4-5 June 2013, Bonn)
- FACCE-JPI and the Belmont Forum launch a Collaborative Research Action/ Joint Call on Food Security and Land Use Change (17 July 2013)
- FACCE-JPI launches a Multipartner Call on Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research with Canada, New Zealand and the USA (January 2013)